Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on ebay, I have a question. I keep finding a face that I like, but I dont buy cause something looks wrong.
here is the gauge plate that I was looking at:

I like the way they look, not too much glow and i like the blue glow, but I have TracControl and ABS, I see the ABS light, but I dont see the T/C indicator. there is something in the same spot as T/C wheel, but its diff... Will this gauge plate work in my Taurus SES?

Also, I want to change the color of all the lights that are in my car to blue instead of green... how hard is this or is it even possible? (the ones I want to do the most are the Lock/Unlock buttons and the Window Controls, the stereo will be gutted to place in my Taurus PC)

Any and all help is apreciated.... thanks

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The reason why that looks wrong is because they're reusing G3 guages for G4s. Only a few icons are out of place.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know if it'll still like up?

·
Registered
183 Posts
ya they will still light up. if some of the icons are off they will still ight up, it will just be a lil harder to decern

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah they will fit, if you look on cardomain i think some dude with an 00' or 01' has those exact same ones and he just like cut out and pasted the icons that were out of place and put them in place, just look at some of the cardomain guys, you might find it

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
find out who makes the gauges, and contact them, and all the sellers. and tell them the difference, maybe they will change it to work correctly, its just a tiny change, not a major redesign. so maybe they will. good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
that car on cardomain on page one it says bragging rights ...est hp 200
and all he put in was a k&n air filter
that is a Vulcan engine in there <_<

Bose

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
of bs. 200 - if its a Tec.

·
Registered
650 Posts
"I've really done it now. I just added this performance muffler to the taurus and i must say that by far, its the best investment i've made on the car so far (performance wise.)"

I guess his muffler added 55 hp. :lol2:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by joe119@Aug 1 2005, 01:07 PM
How hard are those gauges to instal? :x:
Installation is actually quite simple - don't let my directions intimidate you. There are things that you should know before installing white face guages.

1) Remove dash surrounding around gauges. (There are two bolts on the bottom of the hood-type piece over the gauges just above the steering wheel.)

2) Remove the clear plastic cover over the gauges. (This will require a 5 pointed star screwdriver. There are 8 or 10 gold colored star pattern screws that hold on the clear gauge cover.)

3a) Attach white face guages over stock gauges while making sure to line up icons (turn signals lights, cruise light.. etc.)

3b) You also have an option to remove the black plastic gauge covers if you'd like. (leaving the stock blak covers underneath the white gauges-what I did-will make the icons the same color they were originaly. Without the black behind the white gauges, the icons are all yellow.

4) Find a wire that is "hot" when the headlights are on to connect the 12v power supply wire to. (splice into the headlight wires behind the light switch)

5) Find a ground wire for the negative wire, or ground the wire to the car somewhere close by.

6) Reinstall guage covers.

7) Mount control switch near steering wheel. (mine is next to the light knob)

NOTE: The stock dimmer switch should remain at full brightness when the gauges are on. Use the dimmer switch on the gauges themselves to adjust brightness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts