Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here's the story. Everyonce in a while when it's cold I can hit the rev limiter in 1st gear and it like bounces off the rev limiter before it shifts. Since I have installed my water injection I can do this everytime if I keep my foot on the floor and it doesn't just do it once it sounds like it does it twice before it shifts. Scared me the first time, almost like a Ricer sound hitting the limiter. Any help suggestions, answers to why this does this?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2001 Duratec SEL. Hmm.. new tranny, maybe it's time for a LSD too. Well I was driving today and I chirped my tires into second, I have NEVER been able to do that. Maybe there was dust on the road, or maybe the water injection is having some effect on the horsepower. Either way the car is feeling GOOD, just hope it's not the tranny, although I wouldn't doubt it.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Feb 17 2004, 12:21 PM
2001 Duratec SEL. Hmm.. new tranny, maybe it's time for a LSD too. Well I was driving today and I chirped my tires into second, I have NEVER been able to do that. Maybe there was dust on the road, or maybe the water injection is having some effect on the horsepower. Either way the car is feeling GOOD, just hope it's not the tranny, although I wouldn't doubt it.
You did water injection to a Duratec??
I just assumed you had a flex fuel vulcan
I certainly hope it's not the tranny, especially for your sake. How many miles are on your car? I also have an 01, at nearly 40k miles, with (*knocks on wood*) no tranny problems.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 64k on mine and got it new almost 3 years ago new. I've abused it though (neutral dropped it a few times.. flame away). I figured I'd get a new engine/tranny this summer anyways or atleast a "project" engine so I can see what I can do with it before I put it in the car, and also see what someone can do for my transmission.

I had a chip before and it actually hit the rev limiter before I had the chip, and when I had the chip it shifted it much faster, I want to do a lot more to my car before I get a chip, or some kind of tuner.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Feb 16 2004, 10:16 PM
Well, here's the story. Everyonce in a while when it's cold I can hit the rev limiter in 1st gear and it like bounces off the rev limiter before it shifts. Since I have installed my water injection I can do this everytime if I keep my foot on the floor and it doesn't just do it once it sounds like it does it twice before it shifts. Scared me the first time, almost like a Ricer sound hitting the limiter. Any help suggestions, answers to why this does this?
My SHO does that every now and then when the tranny is still cold. It's done that since I bought it 3 years ago (59k miles ago).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts