Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

it took me around 2 month of preparation and research but I finally got it done and successfully retrofitted the Active Lane Keeping Assist into a 2013 Ford Taurus SHO.
This assist keeps the lane automatically and warns you if you don't pay attention. It also comes with the Driver Alert feature which alerts you if you need a break.

The only hardware I needed was a new interior mirror which I got for 300$ from Ford. The rest is all there but you need to update and reprogram 7 different modules which was the real tricky part.

I found no one who successfully ever tried this before. Especially since the 2013 Taurus was never available with Lane Keeping assist from the factory.

I have summarized all details in a Youtube video:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best
Sascha

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good to know this can be done, even if difficult. Would have loved that option on my 2015 Limited ,didn't have that option package

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Excellent work and very impressive. Screwing around with the ABD is a royal pain, I know. Very, very well done. I'd love that plus collision warning on mine, honestly. Maybe I'll retrofit someday too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I'm already started working on the adaptive cruise control including collision warning through the HUD in dashboard. Will let you know as soon as it's ready :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Very good work. I do believe that you are the first one to do this. I looked into it but for me personally (when I had my SHO) it wasn't worth all the work to get it done. BRAVO!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I got the AWD gauge idea from you which btw I love. The bit was relatively easy to find :D

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
All,

it took me around 2 month of preparation and research but I finally got it done and successfully retrofitted the Active Lane Keeping Assist into a 2013 Ford Taurus SHO.......
Do you think this could be done on a 2011 SEL?

Thanks

zog

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm also interested in doing this to my 2013 SHO. Even bought a new rear-view mirror for this project (and it doesn't seem to have the right wiring connection on it).

·
Registered
16 Posts
To apial, have you some suggestions for electronic modifications available for 2013 Taurus Interceptors? Maybe some ideas related to improvements with a ballpark range of associated costs for your ideas? I think your posts to the TCCA Forums are interesting because of the details you provide within those posts. Thank-you apial.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd be interested in researching what it takes to do this, plus add adaptive cruise. I have a '15 Limited and have experience diving into the modules to adjust the settings. It sounds like the camera module in the mirror needs to be replaced, then for adaptive cruise there's the radar module behind the front bumper plus a change in the left side switch on the steering wheel.

I'll start a new thread...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also interested in doing this to my 2013 SHO. Even bought a new rear-view mirror for this project (and it doesn't seem to have the right wiring connection on it).
Did you ever have any success with this project ? this thread seems to be dead.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I need to buy a different mirror. I got one from a salvage yard listed as 'with lane keep' but it's the wrong part number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

it took me around 2 month of preparation and research but I finally got it done and successfully retrofitted the Active Lane Keeping Assist into a 2013 Ford Taurus SHO.
This assist keeps the lane automatically and warns you if you don't pay attention. It also comes with the Driver Alert feature which alerts you if you need a break.

The only hardware I needed was a new interior mirror which I got for 300$ from Ford. The rest is all there but you need to update and reprogram 7 different modules which was the real tricky part.

I found no one who successfully ever tried this before. Especially since the 2013 Taurus was never available with Lane Keeping assist from the factory.

I have summarized all details in a Youtube video:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best
Sascha
Please!! I'm gonna do this like now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts