Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crybabysmiley: :crybabysmiley: :crybabysmiley: :crybabysmiley: :crybabysmiley:

Was rear-ended by some B***** in a bronco not paying attention....

Wow, its been a long night, can't spell worth ****.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Cars can be replaced, people can't. It did it's job, and clearly they were going hella fast, because that's a lot of damage :blink:

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
WOW! :eek:
Hope you're OK, that's what matters!! :)
Alot of people around here don't pay attention because they're too busy gabbing on their cell phones!! :(

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's my father's car. He was on his way to work in some light traffic with a few cars in front of him and one behind him. Someone had to make a left turn so everyone had to come pretty much to a stop on the highway. *#*&#[email protected] not paying attention came up and didn't even slow down. She hit another car behind my dad's fusion and sent it nose first into the ditch. She then kept on going and hit the fusion square in the back, spinning it completely around into the other lane of traffic and sending it down the road for a bit.

As for my dad, walked away from it. Has an abrasion on his leg thus far, but he's going to be pretty sore later today.
Silverthunder, that's exactly what I told him, but still, it was a damn nice car. Just turned one year old with 16k on the clock. Had a full tank of gas and spilled my dads fresh cup of coffee.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
That sucks man, glad your pop is ok.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
It's fantastic that your dad appears to be OK. Guess what they make more of every day? Cars. Not friends, parents, loved ones. Looks like the car did it's job.

My sister got t-boned by a jeep cherokee in her brand-new Acura maybe 10 years ago. Totally destroyed the Acura. Her and her passenger walked away with it. The passenger, in the front passenger seat, suffered a mild concussion (before side air bags) from a jeep cherokee at *40* miles an hour. Amazing what cars can do!

I see Wisconsin plates, there. Whereabouts in Wisconsin are you?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (900Trophy @ Jul 15 2009, 02:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739671
It's fantastic that your dad appears to be OK. Guess what they make more of every day? Cars. Not friends, parents, loved ones. Looks like the car did it's job.

I see Wisconsin plates, there. Whereabouts in Wisconsin are you?[/b]
My dad, as well as I 110% agree. He just loved that car though, and he gained that much more appreciation for the car after wards. We live in Ripon and my dad commutes to Fond du Lac, where the accident happened.

-mmmfloorpie, I offered already, but he's planning on taking the rest of the week off. As far as the Bronco, it turned out to be a Expedition. Not sure how my dad got bronco out of that, but after the banger, I don't blame him for being confused. Pictures to follow.

-silvapain, Since that fusion was his DD work commuter car and now needs a new car soon, hes already eyeing up a metallic red sport at the same dealer he got his old "Sport" fusion.

All in all, we are just glad he's ok, just a bit sore. Just going to have to move on with the car, even though it was the nicest car we have ever had. And Props to :ford: , for building one hell of a car.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Holy crap :eek: Glad your Dad is alright, that is one heck of an accident. Hopefully no whiplash or other related injuries.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Damn dude, that's a hell of a car for holding up that well. Glad to hear your pops is O.K., no serious injuries is always good. It's amazing how far we've come in terms of occupant protection even in the last 10 to 15 years. And now, you guys may be getting the newer, even more awesome Fusion.

QUOTE (dark_fire @ Jul 15 2009, 08:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739770
As far as the Bronco, it turned out to be a Expedition. Not sure how my dad got bronco out of that, but after the banger, I don't blame him for being confused. Pictures to follow.[/b]
Haha, it's all good. My father, who was a mechanic for over 25 years still occasionally refers to Nissans as Datsuns lol. To your father, all he cared was that it was a large Ford SUV and the Bronco was the dominant Ford SUV for much of his lifetime.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some more pictures. Having some issues getting them off his Palm Treo which blew up all over the interior of the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
That's not a bronco. that's and excursion. !
I know how your dad feals. I Got into a collision just yesterday with g/f's sentra. Warped the whole frame. I just pulling out of the drive way. BANG.

Glad he is OK. shame to here about the wasted coffee and gas. Looks like the excellent design kept him safe.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That would be an Expedition.

That aside your still with us :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (thesavo @ Jul 15 2009, 10:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739823
Glad he is OK. shame to here about the wasted coffee and gas. Looks like the excellent design kept him safe.[/b]
Just have to move on with the gas, but I can attest that it was some damn good coffee though. Had some just after he left. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
glad your dad is ok! i am thinking of getting a fusion in the next couple years and its nice to see that they are a safe car. i see it had the sport appearance package, i would really love a set of those rims!!

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (silvapain @ Jul 15 2009, 04:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739689
Look on the bright side - now he can get the new 2010 Fusion (tell him to get the Sport)![/b]
This. /thread

Glad your dad's OK...that's the important part. :thumb: That did look like a nice Fusion :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts