Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this black 03 ford taurus last month for $2500 and there are a few things wrong with it that I'm going to fix. One thing that is bothering me though is a residue on the outside of my windows. I don't know what this residue is but I've tried "Invisible Glass" with a paper towel, and it didn't to much if anything to remove this residue. I was buffing the car and I used the solution for that and my buffing wheel - it started to turn my wheel BLACK... it seemed like it was getting some of the residue off but there is still some residue on it. Anyone know what it could be and/or how to get it off? I tried to take a picture of it but you can't see it in the picture.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Do I need to provide some kind of different information? Had this topic open for several days now with no replies.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Where can I get that for cheap? What do you think the residue is?
Hardware stores sell it in quarts or you can buy it in small quantity as finger nail polish remover. Just look at the label because some are not acetone.

The residue is either a glass polish or a road film. Does water bead up on the glass?

WATCH YOUR PAINT BECAUSE ACETONE WILL RUIN IT!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hardware stores sell it in quarts or you can buy it in small quantity as finger nail polish remover. Just look at the label because some are not acetone.

The residue is either a glass polish or a road film. Does water bead up on the glass?

WATCH YOUR PAINT BECAUSE ACETONE WILL RUIN IT!!!!!!
Thanks! No water does not bead up on the glass from what I can remember.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The best cleaner I have found is Westley's Bleach White - used to be used for whitewall tires. Best cleaner around.

Gasoline. Use some common sense here.

Water based spray brake cleaner.

Nail Polish remover. Ordinary nail polish remover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts