Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I have to replace the fuel pump in the car. I have a shopping cart from rockauto, but instead of linking to that, I have a pic below of the parts that I'm going to purchase. Please give some feedback, especially on the pump and spark plugs.

The plugs I have in there are only 50K old, but a little brown. I've been having some rough idle/driving issues that I believe is the coil pack, but at the price ($20) it's kind of worth it to replace the spark plugs as well. The wires are only 10K old and don't show any issues.

Thanks!
~matt

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Looks alright to me. What kind of warranties come with the fuel pump and ignition coil?

Also, have you cleaned the MAF and Throttle Body and looked at the air filter?

Cleaning the throttle body might be a good idea as well...

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12 month warranty on the Fuel Pump.

90 Days on the Ignition Coil.

My question was, NAPA carries the Bosch fuel pump as well. Same part number (67218) for $30 more. Should I go with a fuel pump that is locally bought for warranty purposes, or should I save the $30 and go with RockAuto.

To be honest, I've never had to return an item to RockAuto for early defectiveness.

The fine-wire Platinum's from Motorcraft are good? I believe the 'fine-wire' signifies that they are double platinum, right?

There was a suggestion to go with the 'lifetime warrantied' fuel pump from NAPA, but I do not know which one that is.

As to the MAF and Throttle-Body, I have not cleaned either one of these. I have always meant to but haven't gotten around to it. The air filter is changed on a regular basis. The reason why the mechanic and I and TCCA was thinking the coil was because I was getting a P0301 code thrown a few months back. The plugs are only 50K old and the wires are 10K old. The coil is original.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Bosch pumps are the best that you can get aftermarket. I would stay away from "lifetime warrantied" pumps because it just means that they can sell you a crappy one that may or may not fail and the worst you can do to them is demand another one that will probably fail as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts