Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if anyone on here has a 500 or 08-09 taurus with an exhuast, i only found one video on youtube with a flowmaster 10 on a 08 its kinda hard to hear though.

Im just wondering the 3.5 is basically similar to the 3.7/4.0 mustang engine so the 3.5 should have that cyclone g35ish sound like the 05+ mustang v6s have right?

Im just poking around, im possibly picking up a 08 sel this weekend my sister is moving to alaska and was try and sell it but im just gunna take over payments.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been looking for some sound clips of an 08 sel with an exhaust as well. Ive only seen the one that sounds like a supra posted on the forums. Im looking for a classy rumble. Ill keep looking and ill let you know if I find anything...let me know if you find something before I do would ya?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
If you want a classy rumble, I'm serious, you need to try the WickedFlow Max. They sound like Borlas, but are less expensive. They can be loud when you want them to be, and respectable the rest of the time. Can't say for sure how they would sound on a 5th gen, but they sound good on 3rd and 4th gens.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im just curious to see if the taurus has that mustang v6 sound that i have alwayd wanted but could never have because of the social negativity of driving a v6 muatang... im kidding but you guys know what i mean, im only talking about the 4.0 and 3.7

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im hoping to find out one of these days. I have an appointment at the stealership today to have a suspension noise checked out. Im going to ask them about putting a borla muffler and tips on my car...I may go with a split pipe and dual rears if they are confident they can cut a matching slot in my rear bumper for the other tips. I want a mirror image of the exhaust I already have on the other side...so it would look basically stock. Except I have been contemplating black chrome tips and trim...

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont ask the dealer about an exhaust...

Im wondering seven. Can you look under yout car and see if its posdible to unbolt the muffler? Many new cars are like that vs weld on mufflers that gen 4s have, if its bolt un try just unbolting it and let us know how it sounds im assuming it will sound amazing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did look under the car when they had it up on the lift however I dont believe I remember whether it was bolted or welded. They did give me a referral to an exhaust shop in the area. I might add I was pretty surprised at how clean the bottom of my car was lol.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
search ford edge magnaflow exhaust on youtube! it has the same engine so sound clips should be simialar althought it uses a center cross type muffler or whatever they are called like on camaros. so that might sound different.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
The fwd cyclone engines have a slightly different note than the 3.7 in the stangs. From idle to ~4k, to me, they closely resemble a 5 cylinder. It sounds way different than most fwd v6's I've ever heard.

Search for a Fusion Sport w/ exhaust on youtube. More people seem to be putting exhausts on them now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts