Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my belt is pretty worn 120k miles probably original same with water pump. I am losing coolant but nothing while parked, but it is a little wet around where the water pump is so I am assuming this is the cause of the coolant leaking.

Anyhow I bought a pump from Discount auto the GBE or GMB whatever they had and it was $65+tax. I was at Auto Zone the next day and I figured I'd ask what they charge for a WP. Their top model Duralast was only $54 so I bought it as well. I'll probably return the Discount Auto Parts one. In any event both of the new water pumps look different than the one installed in my car now. Is there a housing that needs to come off the new WP?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is this possible to remove the WP without having to remove engine mount bolts? I don't want to have to use wood blocks and a jack to lift the engine up to get to bolts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also are there pictures of serpentine belt routing as there are no diagrams under the hood and the Haynes book I have only shows the OHV engine not the DOHC Duratec. I tried taking a picture but you can't really even see the routing even with a light shining on the belt and pulleys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts