Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

my 2017 Taurus is due for Transmission fluid replacement and I'm planning to replace it by myself. My concern that, Is there a dipstick in the transmission reservoir ? how can I know what I put is enough?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Measure how much you take out and replace that amount at least. My '17 Taurus 3.5 took 5 qts for a drain and fill. Mine does have a dip stick to ck it, just need to remove the air intake to see it easily.

·
Super Moderator
7,751 Posts
I believe the EB 2.0 uses the 6F35N tranny, the smaller sibling of the 6F50N. My guess is that the 6F35N takes less fluid than the 6F50N, so you may not get out 5 quarts. You might want to do a drain which olny gets about half the fluid out, drive for a week and do another drain and fill. Be sure to use only Mercon LV. Supertech from Wally World is good quality and way cheaper than other brands.

I thought the 6F35N had a dipstick just like the 6F50N????? The 6F50N dipstick is small and not that easy to find as noted above.

·
Registered
92 Posts
On the V6 the dip stick for the transaxle is under the Air Cleaner Box assembly. The air cleaner box has to be removed to get to the trans dip stick. I think the 4 Cylinder equipped models , are in the same location, since all engines use the same air filter?

Just get a container, preferably a couple gallon bucket with graduations of measurement , like in quarts or liters. That's what I used for a drain & fill for my 3.5 L N/A equipped 2015 Taurus , transaxle fluid change. I had a bucket with liters/quarts , & quarter graduations of those measurements. Simple as can be, just measure what is in the container , after the initial drain, & then put back in what you drained out, through the dip stick fill hole. I did a drain & fill 3 times , within a total of few days, it's said that gets you to 90% of new fluid. One drain will get slightly less than 50% of new fluid.
which olny gets a

1 - 5 of 5 Posts