Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around and not found exactly what I'm looking for so... is there any directions here on how to change a MAF? Also is it somehow connected to the ERG valve. Sorry if I sound dumb about this but I'm used to working on old cars not these new fangled ones. Thanks for the help.

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
what year car is it?

The MAF is attached to the filter box. the late model G4's have the MAF actually integrated into the filter box.

To remove it, simpliy unplug it, take off the air intake tube, and remove the four metric nuts that hold it to the filter box. Be VERY careful not to drop the MAF, or to touch the filaments. They break easily, and you have to buy the whole unit; you can't just buy the sensor.

·
Registered
461 Posts
It is right on the tube from the filter to the intake. Remove the connector and the four screws on each side. If you are replacing it save the gasket that is inside the connector. Your replacement might not come with one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.