Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought my 2007 Ford Taurus and I really like it. A problem I have - I live in North Dakota and it gets REALLY cold up here. I need to have the heater core replaced - is there some while to install factory heat and a/c ducts to the back? I think they mount in the console between the front two seats.

· Registered
1998 Taurus SE Sedan 3.0L24V AX4N 91Kmi
152 Posts
Reactions: Desertprep

· Registered
04 Taurus SES Vulcan
210 Posts
I bought my 2007 Ford Taurus and I really like it. A problem I have - I live in North Dakota and it gets REALLY cold up here. I need to have the heater core replaced - is there some while to install factory heat and a/c ducts to the back? I think they mount in the console between the front two seats.
They all have rear heat ducts that blow in the 'floor' position. even the SES with no console. Goes under the carpet, comes out under the front seats. With a clear heater core you won't have any problem keeping warm in the winter once the engine's up to temp.

Part number and what it looks like:

· Administrator
14,329 Posts
OP your threads have been merged.
As Sheila noted above search out that video. You might also search 'Clinton Flush"
The Vulcan has a known issue with heater cores getting badly plugged, often they are replaced when a very particular flush method would have done the trick. With a properly functioning heater core these cars throw great heat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts