Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to replace the cabin air filter on my 01 Taurus. Got the car 4yrs ago at 100K, and now 130K, never replaced cabin air filter, so I guess it's about the time.

I've searched on the forum and found some great info on step-by-step instructions. But I've seen people talking about leak (water leak?) problem w/ replacing the cabin air filter. Is there anything particular to pay extra attention to avoid possible problems? I've never done it before and just want some inputs.

TIA.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
If you do not have the leaking problem, just follow the step by step instructions. You will notice the better quaity of air when you change it out, especially after having the orig in ther for so long.

Also, if you got the extended 'rain hat' as part of the TSB, you might as well install it since you are changing out the filter. Did your car ever leak?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you do not have the leaking problem, just follow the step by step instructions. You will notice the better quaity of air when you change it out, especially after having the orig in ther for so long.

Also, if you got the extended 'rain hat' as part of the TSB, you might as well install it since you are changing out the filter. Did your car ever leak?
Leaking water from outside to inside room? No.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts