Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I would like to know if it is okay to replace the IAC and use the same gasket again or it is not a good idea. Its kinda hard to find a gasket here in my country and it will cost around U$50,00 to get one shipped.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Gasket

Hey guys, I would like to know if it is okay to replace the IAC and use the same gasket again or it is not a good idea. Its kinda hard to find a gasket here in my country and it will cost around U$50,00 to get one shipped.

Thanks!
Back in the day, we made our own gasket.

Small ball peen hammer for outlining the holes.

It is just air with the IAC, not anything serious like gasoline.:lol2:

And I have made that kind of gasket.

-chart-

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Even if you crack it, a little gasket sealer can go a long way. ;)

I've had no problems with mine, and it's missing a corner.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol2:

Does the new IAC need any kind of lubrification or just install it. I saw a few videos showing how to replace it and they used some kind of lubrification, but I think its only needed when the old IAC is intended to be cleaned and reused.

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
:lol2:

Does the new IAC need any kind of lubrification or just install it. I saw a few videos showing how to replace it and they used some kind of lubrification, but I think its only needed when the old IAC is intended to be cleaned and reused.
Nope just put the two bolts in. Bolts only have to be screwdriver tight, don't use a big ratchet on it or anything. Lubricants can attract dirt and sticky stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts