Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the search feature doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me so I thought I'd post the question here. How difficult is it to change the headlight bulbs in my Taurus? I want to put some Sylvania cool blues in it....but don't want to screw up my headlight alignment or anything like that. From the looks of if it's pretty difficult....but is it?

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
You didn't say which year you have, but on my Gen 3 (1996) it is very easy. The bulb comes out of the headlight unit from behind, without affecting the alignment. There is a sort of lock ring that holds the bulb in and keeps the moisture gasket compressed.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
It's ultra-easy. Just unscrew by hand the big black plastic rings behind your headlights (not your tunsignals, unless you are replacing those as well.) The bulb comes right out. Unlock the little clip on the side, pop the bulb out. Installation is the reverse of removal. Get some photos, I have never seen cool blues before.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm sorry, but I have to be the one to inject doubt into your mind about any sort of lightbulb that is "extreme white," or "xenon," etc. EXCEPT Sylvania Silverstars. Just keep researching. Eventually, you'll come to the same decision. Don't just look here, because I don't want you to make an uninformed decision, but everybody here who's tried different brands will tell you that Sylvania Silverstar bulbs are the only ones out there that do nothing but increase the effectiveness of the headlights.

If you wanna upgrage, just get new wiring harnesses and/or go up to a different bulb type, but stick with the Silverstars as your final bulb choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts