Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First post here. I'm looking at a family friend's (sweet 85 year old lady) '93 Taurus LX. She says the headlights are really dim and that they won't aim properly.

Well, after verifying the headlights actually work and that there weren't any wiring issues, etc. I noticed the huge plastic part that holds the headlights and grille was broken in several places. I'm guessing that since her headlights aren't actually aiming on the road ahead that this is why she thinks they're so "dim". I did some searching here and found out it's called the "header panel"

I plan to go to the junkyard tomorrow to look for a replacement one - are they all the same for that body style? Hers is a '93 LX 3.8 sedan. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Yeah, it should be the same part '92 to '95. Make sure it's from a L, GL, or LX because the one from an SHO won't work. A wagon one would work if you can't find a sedan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! It took me quite a while to get that thing out of there. Hopefully I can find one that's already half dismantled at the junkyard :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts