Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my fog lights went out, can someone tell me how to change the bulb in my 2001 sable.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
yup only way to do it is to remove the "splash shield" under the bumper then look up and you will see the bulb

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
as long as your not an Olympic swimmer, is anything in danger if the splash guard is removed for good? i know its probably there for a reason but when under there i didnt really see much that looked like it was hanging low.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ May 4 2009, 08:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=722749
as long as your not an Olympic swimmer, is anything in danger if the splash guard is removed for good? i know its probably there for a reason but when under there i didnt really see much that looked like it was hanging low.[/b]
well alot of times that piece is there to help force are through the radiator in stead of escaping through the under carriage before passing through, personally i would leave it, some cars can handle it not being there some cant my instuctor at school has had several cars come in overheating cause the panel is missing

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ May 4 2009, 09:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=722749
as long as your not an Olympic swimmer, is anything in danger if the splash guard is removed for good? i know its probably there for a reason but when under there i didnt really see much that looked like it was hanging low.[/b]
sable23 has it right -- not a splash shield, but an air dam. Since Ford accountants rarely include anything superfluous (especially something that nobody would think is cool, looks ugly, and can't really be seen), my guess is that it's there to force air through the radiator. It might even turn out that the bumper cover sets up an airflow pattern that, without the air dam, sucks air down and away from the radiator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts