Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001 SEL with the Electronic Climate controls.
I want to upgrade the stereo, and will most likely end up putting where the ashtray is now.
However, would anyone know if the head unit and climate controls from a 2000 Taurus that had climate control KNOBS as
opposed to the ECC can be swapped in, removing the ECC controls altogether. I was thinking of getting the climate controls used,
and an aftermarket bezel for a stereo, and just doing away with the ECC. I know the knob controls have plugs in the rear,
but can they be plugged into the existing harness? Has anyone tried anything like this?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You can swap it, but your HVAC system won't work. It'll be stuck in defrost mode with the fan on high when the engine is running and you can't adjust it.

To make it work correctly you pretty much need to swap the entire HVAC system behind the dash and it isn't worth it. Just install the new radio in the ashtray.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Any Bull with the Electronic Controls cannot be swapped with an aftermarket deck kit. I've done my homework, unless it's a full custom job...not worth the $$$. Either disable the stereo and use your glove box as the spot for the aftermarket deck. It's worth a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts