Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brothers 05 Sable has a broken cruise control cable (it won't stay snapped onto the throttle end)

So I followed the cable to the cruise control module, and I have no idea how I would go about removing it from that end.

It looks like the only thing to do is to pry it up, but I'm not going to risk that until I know the proper way to do that.

My Haynes manual is useless. It says nothing about it that I can find.

So if anyone has any experience with this, please help me out!

Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my brothers 05 Sable has a broken cruise control cable (it won't stay snapped onto the throttle end)

So I followed the cable to the cruise control module, and I have no idea how I would go about removing it from that end.

It looks like the only thing to do is to pry it up, but I'm not going to risk that until I know the proper way to do that.

My Haynes manual is useless. It says nothing about it that I can find.

So if anyone has any experience with this, please help me out!

Thanks!
Or if no one knows how to do this, does anyone know if the end can be replaced?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Can you take a picture of the affected part? Could be time for some civil engineering...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next time my brother comes over, I'll take a picture. That is if he doesn't get it fixed first. See his car does have a warranty from the place he bought it. So it's their responsibility to fix the cable.

Just while I was looking at it, I was wondering how I would replace the cable if I needed to. And the end that leads to the cruise control module, it just looks like a black square that the cable enters. I had no idea how I would remove that square. (the cruise control servo end, not the throttle end.)

Anyway, I've searched the internet for the cable, and no one carries it, not even RockAuto. So it seems it's a dealer only part anyway, which could get really expensive.

from what I've found on this forum. It seems the cable is a common part to break on the gen 4's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts