Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. I have a 2011 Ford Taurus with a large rip in my console center lid. I was able to get a replacement off Ebay but am not sure what to take apart to put it on. I have not worked with the interior at all and have searched all over the net for any videos. I'm not sure how to access where the hinge goes or by looking at the underneath of the lid itself I see 4 screws in the plastic. Can I simply remove the underside and attach the new lid to the existing hinge? Is that possible? Just curious and could use any help. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Taurus Limited
163 Posts
As I recall, you need to pop off the back vent trim and then you'll have access to the screws holding the hinge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for responding. I did pop the vent trim off but there were a couple of bolts and I didn't feel too secure in taking it all apart. I took a chance and took the old and new ones apart and just fit the new lid over the existing hinge. The original hinge is black and the replacement one was rust colored and didn't fit the look of the car. I took the plastic off both and switched out the lid. But now I do have an extra hinge and I took the latch out of the old one as well in case that eventually breaks. But I appreciate the suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts