Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK the newbie thread of the year award.....

I have a 1997 (G3) Taurus.

I searched and found a few good threads and the install instructions for my Metra kit.
http://documents.victorytechnologies.com//...roduct/2464.pdf

A Pioneer Premier CD deck is already installed. I picked up one of those "clearance" Pioneer DEH-3000 CD decks from Target for $41.xx yesterday. I wanted a new deck that had a 3.5mm jack input and also played MP3s.

How do I go about doing this swap? I do not know what I am doing, but I read some of the pinned threads along with others...

Here is my guess so far.

1. Disconnect Battery Cable
2. Remove 3 AC knobs
3. Bend some hangers to put into the 4 holes
Please add/change/delete instructions.

I am hoping for it to all be plug and play, I am nervous that soldering may be required. Hopefully pioneer to pioneer will just all be plugs?

Thanks for reading!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
You don't need to remove the AC knobs. Just bend some wires, and stick them in the holes to get the faceplate out.

On mine there were several metal clips that were holding the headunit into the face. I just had to push them flat and slide it out. It should be pretty self explanatory once you get the faceplate pulled out of the dash.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Mar 29 2009, 01:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713367
You don't need to remove the AC knobs. Just bend some wires, and stick them in the holes to get the faceplate out.

On mine there were several metal clips that were holding the headunit into the face. I just had to push them flat and slide it out. It should be pretty self explanatory once you get the faceplate pulled out of the dash.[/b]

I appreciate the response. I bended some hangers, and then stuck them into 4 holes on the Metra panel. I cannot seem to get the Metra pannel removed? Any tips on this?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i just used four nails that fit into the holes works alot better than a coat hanger but you have to push it back till it clicks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just go to the auto parts store, walmart, meijer, etc. Then sell those ford DIN pins to take out your radio.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Yea, go to Auto Zone, Advanced, or whatever your local parts store is. Get the Ford DIN removal tools. Its basically two U shaped pieces of rod, but its alot thicker than coat hanger wire. You basically stick them in till you "feel" that they are in clips and with your fingers on each tool push outwards on them. Should pop out. And dont solder. You can twist then together and use shrink wrap, or get but connectors and crimp them together. Alot easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts