Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've got a lot more than a bent rim, I'm just trying to save as much money as I can in getting this fixed. I took a curb at like 30-40 :(

Seems I can't change my topic name to fix the typo :angry:

G

·
16x6, alum (5 spokes), painted (silver), w/o stepledge

Yeah same thing happened to me. I gotta get a pair though.

Sal

G

·
Originally posted by dnehthend@Oct 16 2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks, I've got a lot more than a bent rim, I'm just trying to save as much money as I can in getting this fixed. I took a curb at like 30-40 :(

Seems I can't change my topic name to fix the typo :angry:
No problem :)

Typo fixed ;)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
eBay is great for getting replacement rims. I was going to buy a set of Gen IV 5-spoke rims, the same ones you're replacing, and someone was selling them for like $125 with $40 shipping, set of four. I almost bought them, but the Cooper tires I have right now are in really good shape and have tons of life left in them, so I couldn't rationalize getting new tires for that reason.

Let's see some pix of the damage.

JR

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tow truck came this morning and took it away. When I say took a curb I mean I was going around a corner too fast with the wheels all the way to the left but the car still going straight because the wheels were spinning too fast for traction. The rims hit parallel with the curb one after the other (front ones).

I put the spare on, hoping that I only had a flat. I had to drive home (about a mile) with the wheel all the way to the left to go straight, when i got home my spare was destroyed by riding sideways

The left tire looked like a ricer with cut springs (like this /) the right was all cockeyed.

I feel really bad about it, I turn 20 soon and maybe all this stupid teenager stuff will be out of my system

I can't go through insurance because of two previous other things
1 - someone saw a cop on the freeway and slammed on their brakes, I slammed on mine, the tires locked and I slid into the right hand lane and into an explorer
2 - an ambulance was coming and the people in front slammed on their brakes but I didn't think they were stopping all the way, so I hit them at like 15

A third strike would make my insurance WAY too high, so I have to pay $2500 + tax, this comes out of my sho fund, which was only up to $1820 Luckily my parents are paying and letting me pay off what is left to pay to them over a period of time, which will be quite sometime because I only make about $62 a week (full time student)

My tires had full coverage and discount says that they'll cover it, atleast something's looking up

I don't remember everything, but this is what I recall it needs new struts, control arms, tires, rims, and somn else

1 - 7 of 7 Posts