Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along the drivers seat there is lever assembly to pop the trunk or gas tankin my 93 sable. The previous ovner snaped the gas lever off. How do I replace this. If you push down the lock section it will lock so it can very easily accidentally be locked. How do I replace the lever but keep the same lock so my key will work with it? I need some help here.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It looks like it's gonna be hard to get to since I don't see any screws around it. Maybe it prys off with a flathead screwdriver?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is screwed down under the door trim that holds down the carpet. You unscrew and pull up the trim piece. then pull back the carpet and you should see the screws on the side. I know how to get it out but I don't know how to fix it so I can still use my key to unlock it. This is the step I need help with.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Can't you just replace that little handle instead of the whole assembly? Even if you do replace the whole assembly, can't you take it to a locksmith and get the lock pins to match the key?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I don't think anyone has made a comment about it. Try to get it out and see if you can replace the lever only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts