Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the spark plugs on my 1993 Taurus GL today and it certainly runs a lot smoother, with less hesitation, etc. I think the injectors still need cleaning but it accelerates a lot easier. It doesnt seem to be that much faster but it does accelerate without feeling as "held back" as it did, kinda hard to describe.

Anyway the spark plugs I used were Motorcraft Platinum, the same thing that was in the car before. The old ones look pretty rough, definatly time to replace them. I paid $2.29 each for them at O'Rileys.

X

·
0 Posts
It might have been better to run the strong injector cleaner in the rails, then replace the plugs so that they dont get fouled by the debris from the injectors. But damn, you are definitly getting your money's worth out of that 93.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea that 93 seems to be a good car. I remember when I changed the plugs when I first bought my car, it made a world of difference. The previous owner must have beat the hell outta my poor car :(

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL I know mind had the **** beat out of it, there are dents all down the one side (not bad, just the kinda stuff you'd get if you were careless in parking it and where you parked it), it was wrecked in the front slighlty and ghetto-repaired, three out of four wheels were bent, and the spare was absolutly smooth and of course, that rim was bent too.

But, the car has carried me 15,000 miles thus far requiring only a few repairs here and there. The most major so far has been the heater core, but I have tied it off and will repalce it when funds allow. The componate with which I've had the least trouble? Why, the AXOD of course! I know these cars are bad for them. Hell, the one on my 1988 LX went out at 100K. I seem to have a good one though (knock on cheap partacle board desk). There is a pin that is sticking I think, because when I shift from Park to a gear, it makes a loud "bang!" and this same problem on my 1986 LX was corrected by replacing a small pin (its good to be freinds with a Ford transaxel expert!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts