Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay. so i replaced my battery this morning...no problems at all, took five minutes. i start the car up...purrs like a lil kitten, no idle problems or anything. i went to turn the cd player on shortly after and it flashes 1...1...1...1 and then displays CDE 1 and kicks back to radio. when i hit the CD button again, it said NO CD.

i checked the changer in the trunk...tried to eject the cd cassette and the motor runs like its pulling the cd back into the holder, but it won't pop up so i can remove it.

it worked directly before i swapped the battery...it was playing when i pulled into autozone. what'd i do wrong? i called the local ford dealer and they couldn't find their ******** with both hands and a flashlight.

any ideas? the dealer recommended disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting, hoping the computer will reset itself...and if that didn't work to check fuses....but i thought i'd check with you guys first before i tore the car apart.

any help would be great. thanks.

oh yeah...factory installed changer/mach audio system. 97 taurus lx duratec (if that matters)

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
You could try taking the changer out of the trunk and then taking it apart to clean it. I had a dusty roller that wouldn't grab the disks so sometimes CD's would get stuck in the player and wouldn't go back in the cartridge. It's worth a shot.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah. i just thought it might be battery related because it started instantly after i changed the battery. i'm gonna try to unhook and rehook up the battery, and check the fuses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts