Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted about that hose leaking - the steel/rubber one - a few days back and got replies about the $15 hose working - one guy had been driving for a few months since replacing it. It was a PAIN as they all stated - getting it in. My husband about croaked. Said he'll NEVER work on another car again, ..along the same lines of your posts..pretty much..lol. BUT NOW - the check engine line is on! He did say he noticed a drip - ever so slow - from where the hearter hose attaches down there now .... the water is staying high in the resovoir thingy - and I have driven alot in it. Any clues as to why the engine light might be on now?

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Probably completely unrelated and coincidental. Find an auto parts supplier (Advance Auto, AutoZone) that will scan the cars computer for stored CEL codes, for free, and let us know what the results are. Do not assume any mentioned systems (EGR, MAF, Catalyst, etc.) in a code scan means "buy that part". Different codes refer to different issues with systems on your car. There is a complete listing of OBDII CEL codes in the topic finder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cel

Thanks Dan(!) ..actually I lucked out - I disconnected the battery cable and reconnected it - the CEL is off now. WooHoo. :))

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
If it comes back on get it checked. Hopefully it won't. Removing the battery cable ALWAYS clears the codes. If it's still broken, it will come back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad to see you got it done and working. What's really a pain is putting the correct (dealer part) in there instead of the flex hose. I did one and its way harder then the flex hose due to clearances. Funny you mention a small drip, because i just noticed one in my driveway yesterday - not sure its coolant yet but i'll check it out this weekend - but it has been fine for about over 3 months now. How many zip ties did you end up putting on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts