Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Been absolutely FOREVER since I was on here! Lots going on and little time for car-stuff unfortunately or maybe fortunately :rolleyes2:

Anyway...transaxle light was flashing at higher "highway" speeds then the check engine light came on. Took it in to my Ford dealer (King's Ford in Cincy is an AMAZING service dealership...has been wonderful to work with for the 8 yrs. I've had the car!!) and they see codes indicating a solenoid failure. They recommend rebuilding or replacing the transmission (120,000 miles AX4S) at a cost of ~2k. I have religously flushed the trans and replaced the filter every 25-30,000 miles since new. Can the solenoid(s) be replaced without the expense of a full rebuild?? Hate to sink $2,000 into a $4,000 car :(

Quick replies would be VERY appriciated as I want to tell them whether or not to do it tomorow AM...

Thanks a million, you guys have all been AWESOME over the years!!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more thought... If I were to have them replace the trans. can they put in an AX4N instead of the AX4S or does that require other stuff to be changed too??

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (CincySES @ Jun 16 2009, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732806
One more thought... If I were to have them replace the trans. can they put in an AX4N instead of the AX4S or does that require other stuff to be changed too??[/b]
You would need a new PCM, and a few modifications to the wire harness.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You should be able to replace the solenoid pack while the trans is still in the car. Ask them for a quote. Sometimes they just get dirty but they still have to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts