Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the two REAR stabilizer links in my 2000 Ford Taurus (flex fuel). How difficult is that going to be? What tools do I need?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23,349 Posts
Dont remember sizes, but combo wrenches, deep well sockets, vise grips, spray lube and possibly a hacksaw or cutting torch. A lot easier with both wheels off the ground. Dont let list scare you. A lot easier than it sounds. Hacksaw and torch might be remotely needed in an extreme case. Pb blaster would be my rust-buster of choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i replaced mine a few years ago. one set i had like the originals were threaded at both ends, a major pain. i got a set that were actually like a long bolt so you only had to worry about one end, the threaded end goes up. a torch and pb blast helps with the nuts but there is a good amount of tension. if you have a compressor with a cutting wheel that would also work. make sure you wear safety glasses. when i put the new ones in while the car was jacked up if i remember right i used a scissor jack to help push from under the bar to make it easier. if there is too much space you can put the jack on top of a 2 x 4 or something similar.

·
Registered
619 Posts
If both wheels are off the ground, you don't need the jack to get the link and bar to line up. Be sure to assemble both sides loosely before tightening either side. Makes it much easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts