Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend, I'll be doing a crapload of maintenance on my car, and a little repair. My current list of things to do:

Replace PCV valve (while have intake manifold off, replace UIM gasket and clean)
Replace spark plugs with Autolite Platinums
Replace spark plug wires with Bosch wires
Flush trans and differential and replace trans filter (and possibly install trans cooler)
Flush and fill coolant
Oil change
Replace upstream O2 sensors and fix problem with O2 sensor heater circuit
Replace fuel filter
Rotate tires
Install Flowmaster 40 series mufflers with chrome chamfered tips (if I can find them)

Hopefully I'll be able to get this all done on Saturday, because that's the only time my gf's dad will be available to do the welding and such for the exhaust.

Anything else I should check or replace (especially since I'll have the UIM off the car. I have 80K on the ticker, for reference, and if you can't read my sig for some reason, I have the Duratec.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Have you checked the alignment recently? How about the brake pads (shoes)?
Most of the good stuff I use is produced by a company called Chemplex Auto.
I use some of my Uncle Robbie's stash he has in his shop since he orders in bulk.

http://www.chemplexauto.com/products.htm

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The brakes were completely replaced (minus the calipers) about 15K ago. They are still in good working order, however, I'm going to check the front rotors for pitting and warpage. The belts look fine, as do hoses. The alignment was just checked a couple months ago, so that stuff *should* be fine.

JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts