Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that all you have to do is squeeze the plastic clips together and pull. Since I cant remove the line that way, would it just be all the same If I cut the hard line at the connector, and put a wrench or socket on the connector and remove it that way? I am replacing that connector with the 3/8" brass connector and installing trans hose from cooler all the way around...

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have read that all you have to do is squeeze the plastic clips together and pull. Since I cant remove the line that way, would it just be all the same If I cut the hard line at the connector, and put a wrench or socket on the connector and remove it that way? I am replacing that connector with the 3/8" brass connector and installing trans hose from cooler all the way around...
two very small flat head screwdrivers location where you squeeze you can reach in with two screwdrivers do not cut the lines very big mistake on line is 85.00 and one line is 25.00

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Just use a wrench and turn them off. The connector will spin separately from the line.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just use a wrench and turn them off. The connector will spin separately from the line.
Dark Fire, The wrench worked like a charm, as both fittings spun off very easily. Thank You. Tom

·
Registered
185 Posts
why cannot I just squeeze the metal tab(C), and pull the cooler line out?
what is the tab designed for if it doesn't have any use?

In the picture, which nut should I loosen, A or B ?
and what's the size of the nut, metric or english unit?

If I'm going to do the ATF exchange, which one is the return line to open,
the top one or bottom one?

thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts

In the picture, which nut should I loosen, A or B ?
and what's the size of the nut, metric or english unit?

If I'm going to do the ATF exchange, which one is the return line to open,
the top one or bottom one?

thanks!!
Auto Trans Oil Cooler Line Connector by Dorman - Part 800-602 - Advance Auto Parts
this is what you are dealing with

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
When I pulled my trans these came apart with no problems. I was concerned they would be a problem. I just squeezed the tabs and the tubes came out easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts