Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
You'll need to remove the door panel. Drill the BIG rivets under the main handel from outside. Use a hammer/punch to pop the center pins from the rivets. Disconnect the internal wiring, and all the control rods, it should then come right out.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok can someone go into more detail about removing the handle on a Gen 3 because I have no idea how to remove it. I have the door panel off and i unscrewed two bolts from the handle, it is still connected to some metal bar that goes to the latch that actually allows the door to open.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
The other end of that bar should be connected to the latch with a plastic clip; you can remove the bar from the clip.

There are no rivets that need to be drilled out on the gen 3 door handles. I don't know about other gens.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is the plastic clip in the middle of the door? and im guessing you want me to just leave the bar on the handle when i send it to you because i dont know how to take it off

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok people please, i really need help on how to remove this stupid clip. I would like to have this handle sent off this weekend.

Ive tried pulling it out or maybe even twisting it a bit, I even though the clip might come apart a little bit. nothing worked

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so it looks like the rod will just kinda pop out of the yellow clip through that cutout part

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
the clip pops off of the rod and spins out of the way so you can pull the rod straight out, hope that makes sense

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe i can make sense of all this, im gonna try to remove it tomorrow before i head back to school

1 - 14 of 14 Posts