Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on putting in a custom CAI saturday and didnt want to run into any problems. is there any thing special i should now about removing the air box or is it just the bolt that are visible..no hidden ones?

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Some people will remove the quarter panel almost completely off. I just removed the interior black lining behind the wheel to get to the stock silencer and baffle. It's not that hard as much as time consuming. Put your car on jack stands. Unhook the stock air tube from the airbox and then loosen up the silencer and baffle and tear it out....and I mean tear it out. I had to pull and tug till it ripped off. I wasn't able to get to the bolt way up inside or reach behind the inner tube closest to the bumper.

It really depends on what type of CAI you are installing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im taking the whole stock air bix out and putting a cone filter in the fender.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
There have been numerous "how-to's" written on this subject for a varity of models. I suggest using the "search" tool located at the top of this page.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I dont have a G3, but on my G4, i had to cut a little bit of the hole that goes into the fender for clearance. I guess it depends on if you are using a hard pipe or not. I have aluminum pipes, so there was no way for me to manipulate the pipes to fit, I had to manipulate the car. haha. Like the others said too, take off the black plastic thing in the wheel well and you will have access to the fender area. Take off your tire too, makes it very easy to work with then. remove every part of your old airbox, it just gets in the way. Good Luck! Post pics too!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i plan on posting pics to encourage others to do this very easy and very cheap install

·
Registered
221 Posts
Originally posted by trojan@Jan 29 2004, 06:29 PM
i plan on posting pics to encourage others to do this very easy and very cheap install
Great, I could definetely use some pics, since I plan on making a CAI for my Taurus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts