Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing up stripping the 91 wagon I bought for parts. I want to pull the Ford and Taurus emblems off the rear, how does one pull them out?

Also, how do you get the keyless entry pad off the drivers door?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
For the rear badges, there's a good chance that the glue's all dried out so you could yank it off or pry it off w/ a screwdriver. Or you could try a product called "Goo Gone". Others have used it with good results.

Not sure about the keyless though. Probably need to get to it by pulling the interior door panel off.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Heat it up with a blow dryer and slip some fishing wire behind it until it comes free. If you dont care about the panel behind it you can always just pop a screw driver behind it and pop it off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Instead of fishing wire, i used the high E guitar string. (higest pitched, thinnest in appearance) just make sure it's a metal string not plastic like the cheap guitars come with, i find this stronger than the fishing wire, use a "flossing" motion to get the badges off, and use "goo-gone" to get any residue from the adhesive off, and if replacing with a different badge, or just adding different badge, be sure to use 3M as i find this works best for that kind of thing, also for interior neons and other add ons that need to be secured with adhesive 3M works wonders!

as you can see, there is no indication of badges being present on my trunk lid, i used the guitar string and goo gone, and i'm currently searching for a G2/G3 badge to put in place of it.....

[attachment=28921:DRL_writ...p005post.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
QUOTE (stanaz @ Mar 21 2009, 01:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710928
Instead of fishing wire, i used the high E guitar string. (higest pitched, thinnest in appearance) just make sure it's a metal string not plastic like the cheap guitars come with, i find this stronger than the fishing wire, use a "flossing" motion to get the badges off, and use "goo-gone" to get any residue from the adhesive off, and if replacing with a different badge, or just adding different badge, be sure to use 3M as i find this works best for that kind of thing, also for interior neons and other add ons that need to be secured with adhesive 3M works wonders!

as you can see, there is no indication of badges being present on my trunk lid, i used the guitar string and goo gone, and i'm currently searching for a G2/G3 badge to put in place of it.....

[attachment=28921:DRL_writ...p005post.jpg][/b]
off topic - may I ask how your vulcan is 200+ hp as your sig says?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
On a G4, all you need to do is pluck the letters off...no need for metal string which can scratch up the clearcoat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts