Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So typically in the past for similar situations I would just rip the car apart to find the fastest way to get the old ones out and the new ones in. This time around I want to do it the easiest and cleanest way. I am upgrading all my speakers right now. I was lucky and a local store is doing a buy one get one free setup on speakers and subs right now. So I picked up two sets of Alpine Type S 5x7's. I already swapped out the door speakers and they are now sooooo much clearer even with the factory head unit ( getting swapped in a few weeks). I wasnt sure if I was going to have to pull the back seat or if i I could do it from the trunk by removing the moldings. If I have to remove the seat, whats the best way to do it?

Also, I have been out of this for quite some time, so I dont know what the cool new features and what not the new stuff has but, I am looking into getting a new head unit. My choices are just a basic Flip out DVD monitor, or a super nice regular unit that has all the bells and whistles like usb, DVD, sub cut out, high RMS, built in EQ. The works. If you can help that would be great!!!!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Not sure if you have a folding rear seat or not...but first you gota remove the butt cushion. Push the seat towards the rear of the car and pull up on each side...it justs latches/hooks in.

Next, remove the bolts that hold the backrest on. if you have a folding rear seat, remove the 2 bolts on each side by folding down the seat: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/bea...helfSwap001.jpg If your seat doesn't fold, there should just be two bolts visible after removing the butt cushion. Then just lift up on the backrest and fold it towards the front of the car. Remove the carpet push pins and shimmy out the rear shelf (slides out) since you have an 01, you don't have to worry about removing the rear brake light first.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Remove the rear seat cushion unless you are either (A) small in stature or (B) flexible.

My advice as someone who did this on 4/11.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (mscottc @ Apr 13 2009, 09:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717372
you can always just pop out the speaker covers and get to the speakers that way
iv done it a few times works desent[/b]
This method doesn't work on a car built after midyear 1999.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts