Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to help my son replace his engine. I have a Haynes manual and have been doing a lot of online research. I have rebuilt a few motors years ago so I have a pretty good idea of what I am getting into. I thought I might ask on here for any tips that might make the job a little easier. I do have a couple of questions though. I would like to pull the engine and transaxle as an assembly. When the car was running, every 2000 miles or so I would get the code saying the torque converter was not locking up so I want to change the solenoid that controls that while I have it out. Also it seems people are split on pulling the engine from the top or dropping the subframe and taking it out the bottom, what is the best easiest. I will be working in the drive way but I do have an engine hoist. How long should it take, I am hoping two weekends. Any suggestions to make life easier would be appreciated. Thanks again.

ED

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody got any Hints?

ED

QUOTE (Scout1 @ May 31 2009, 11:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729195
I am going to help my son replace his engine. I have a Haynes manual and have been doing a lot of online research. I have rebuilt a few motors years ago so I have a pretty good idea of what I am getting into. I thought I might ask on here for any tips that might make the job a little easier. I do have a couple of questions though. I would like to pull the engine and transaxle as an assembly. When the car was running, every 2000 miles or so I would get the code saying the torque converter was not locking up so I want to change the solenoid that controls that while I have it out. Also it seems people are split on pulling the engine from the top or dropping the subframe and taking it out the bottom, what is the best easiest. I will be working in the drive way but I do have an engine hoist. How long should it take, I am hoping two weekends. Any suggestions to make life easier would be appreciated. Thanks again.

ED[/b]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts