Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I think I finally found the issue with that long annoyed rattle. The mechanic at Tires Plus was nice enough to check and it's the imfamous 3rd cat with something loose inside. So I went to the Stealership since the car's still under the 8/80 thing. They want $100 for a diagnostic check but don't know for all they do is scratch their a$$ and tell me nothings wrong. But I guess it's for that free replacement. :rolleyes2:

I'll probably find an exhaust shop to see if they replace cats under emissions warranty. I do know they won't remove cats or they get a $10k fine. Another option is find a member here to just remove it with a new pipe in place.

All I want is to get rid of that rattling noise so she can run better, not gain 50hp B)

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
They cannot tell if the 3rd cat is good or bad by any diagnostic check. They have to take the Y pipe loose and actually look in the cat.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If you have a warranty, find a dealer that has a clue what they are doing...I'm sure there are plenty of Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealers in south Florida...surely 1 is halfway decent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts