Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently soap has lye and after all the years of being washed it was probably about time to remove some of the soap scum. First the 64 oz Lysol to remove the soap with rinse then the 4 lbs box of arm and hammer baking soda to sand it down a little and neutralize the pH and then the hard shell wax. And the point I was really wanting to make is the car wash was really nasty and I ran over the curb and bushes because the rainbow was running across the road.
your laundry vent is spreading lye on your neighbor. Please clean that also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The problem being that my car may be straight but other people have an unlimited monthly pass to the carwash. The flex fuel means it's a muscle car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can remember when the starting cost of a short block from Shuck's was 600$ now the average cost of a house in this county is 430,000$. I think it's a bunch of fluff and the lye(sodium hydroxide) from soap will cause rust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cleaning more soap scum from paint. The mirrors are tricky. I wasn't happy with the person in the reflection. Cleaned in shoreline pay and spray car wash from original picture.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can always find the carwash following the soap scum on the trees 2 or three blocks over. That one took a box of arm and hammer on the paint and scrubbing bubbles spray out the window inside the carwash.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the natural solution and always my favorite the right to bear arms and hammer. Armed salt charges away.... how many times people have gone the wrong way on this one way street broke my jack trying to sneak under the fence. The soap scum is very thick.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always have to remind myself regardless of how much I clean the car using a little sanding with some arm and hammer see
on the window is the best thing to get all that gunk off there. Every time I watch John wick it gets more and more interesting. This is my replacement for my 1994 mercury sable and rip George floyd

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also could we not do the 86 thing because it's bad luck to spill the salt. And nobody needs to be taken down to being called firewood while kicked out if an establishment because it probably won't turn out well for the establishment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's weird no matter how much I rinse the suds from the paint it still has some on there. I'm glad they're usually up to par on their sanitary drain in the carwash. The salt really cuts the soap scum which may cause rust but lye is salt also which causes rust also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts