Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning another modification. But would have to have the front Sable "Mercury" grill removed. Has anyone done this before? I mean I would hate to remove the entire bumper cover in order to do this. Pics would be very helpful. Thank you

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I've never done it, but I would assume it would be a part of the bumper cover. Being integrated the way that it is, I would think so...check the Chilton's manual...

JR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
To remove the grill first remove the signal lights, then behind them you'll find one screw each side(total 2).
Then open hood and from top of bumper cover remove about four bolts of the bumper cover, try to move the cover up towrds the front and you'll find i think four clips attaching the grill to the cover, with a screwdriver push them off towrds the back of the car. The grill should come off.

I removed it on my car so that i installed fog lights instead of the signals, and put the signal at the bottom of the bumper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I stand corrected.

Omar...welcome to the club, first of all. Second, that's a pretty cool idea to swap the signals for the fogs, although true fogs should be as close to the ground as possible, so these are more "driving lights."

JR

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put the fog lights in the grill and connected the relay to the high beams so when ever i flash to pass or use the high beams they go on. I think the high beams on these are is weak, low is ok.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Aug 9 2004, 06:03 AM
I was planning another modification. But would have to have the front Sable "Mercury" grill removed. Has anyone done this before? I mean I would hate to remove the entire bumper cover in order to do this. Pics would be very helpful. Thank you

Sal
Take a look at this article on installing a transmission cooler. It has great pictures on the process. That guy did it with the car on the ground, but it's easier with the car jacked up. I had the cover off my Sable this year to install a cooler before RotB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts