Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought I had the right wire hooked up for the remote for my amp, but I didn't get anything. This is on a 2004 se with a stock HU. Any help would be appreciated since I want ot get the system working tonight.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
You need an ignition wire that is +12V when the car is on. Im not sure what the color is off the top of my head, but you could test various wires with a dmm.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've got the Schoche (sp?) Gen4 stereo kit. It comes with a wire adapter that runs from the headunit to the RCU in the trunk. The wires are bundled together and are labeled. All the wires are labeled front left +, front left -, etc. There is a remote antenna wire (blue). I tapped that it it did not give me power to turn on my amps. So at the moment I'm not sure how the RCU gets its power. May take a better look this weekend but I'll be sure to have my multimeter handy.

Derek

PS. I asked this in the past a didn't get a definite answer. People that I've talked to say Blue or Blue w/white. There is no Blue w/white stripe....

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
You have to attach that blue wire that comes with the schoche kit to the remote turn on wire on the back of your head unit, which is +12V when the hu is on. If this is how you have it set up and youre not getting +12, then something may be wrong with your HU

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
I looked all over for this mysterious wire.. i couldnt find it.. you might want to try hooking into a fuse panell... i searched with my multi meter all day and couldnt findanything.. i broke down and bought an aftermarket HU..

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yae , i think i'm going to tap into the fuse pannel. I wil lnot give up on this just cause I know I can make it work. I hooked up my system to my gen3 stock hu, so I know i can do it to this one too. That and the fact that I don't have any money for an aftermarket HU and the kit rite now.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I just wrapped the remote wire around the one peg of my radio fuse in the fuse box. so when i turn the radio on my amp turns on. its alot easier to do then to try and figure out which wire coming out of the radio will work.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
What I'd really like to find is a *good* remote wire so that the amp is only on when the sterio is on, not just when the car is on.

-Dan

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just took my meter and pulled the factory headunit and checked for a switched pwer wire on the harness back there. I found one and have had no problems. This was the harness at the back of the radio and not the back of the climate control if you have that. I cant remember which wire i used on the harness but if you check with a meter it won't take more than a couple of minutes to find it and tap into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts