Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 sel when i unlock doors with remote interior dome light comes on, but no outside lights flash, from what i read in the book its says turn key to run hit unlock on door 3 times then off 3times then on 2 times, the card responds with 2 chirps but still have no flashing lights.
also my book for some reason the dealer gave me the 2002 book not 2001 is it the same info procedure?

lotta small problems so far on this car check light is on
had to replace blower
:angry: and i still cant find keypad code

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Take the car to Autozone and they will check the codes on your ODB-II Diagnostics module. That will fix that problem.

I have no clue about the other stuff...how long have you had the car...

Duratec? Vulcan?

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
You have the Duratec.

Seems like if you've only had the car one week, and you're having all these problems at 26K, you should be going back to the dealer and demanding some sort of reparations. They might take the car back and refund your money (it might be covered under the lemon law). If it was private sale, there were implied warrantys given when the car was sold, and the seller might be in violation of those warrantys. Talk to the person who sold you the car...doesn't seem like it should be doing that this soon...

JR

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I also have the 2001 SEL. Also had a problem with the blower, replaced under warranty. As for the flashing lights, I'll check my manual again, but I don't recall seeing anything about that, maybe it was new for 2001. Two pushs of the lock button does cause the horn to honk is about all mine does.

Keypad code is supposed to be on top of the engine computer which is somewhere around the glove box. I was too lazy to find it and paid the dealer $40 to get it...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The lights flash on my 2000 Taurus when I lock or unlock it, but I had an after-market keyless entry put into the car. The car dings inside when the lights flash, so I guess the device cycles the parking lights on twice quickly. My keyless entry is very odd.

The Explorer will flash the lights when you press the lock button twice, as well as honk the horn to let me know if the doors are all closed (If the horn honks twice, a door is open). It will not flash the lights however when you unlock it. Only lights that come on are the interior lights and the puddle lights under the mirrors.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My 2000 doesn't flash the lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts