Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have (what I think) is a wierd problem. Previously my remote keyless entry has been working fine. Now the unlock only works after I 1.) press any key on the exterior touch pad on drivers door. 2.) manual unlock drivers door with key.

If I press any key on the keypad, the unlock works. this will work up to about 45 min. I can unlock the car, drive for 10 min. Park, come back 20 min later and the remote still works as it should. But if I park and wait an hour or two, the unlock, or trunk release wont work from the remote until I press the key pad, or manual unlock door. I don't think its the battery since it works fine after the above steps.

Totally confused, and frustrated... any ideas?

05' Taurus SEL

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I was going to suggest checking the remote battery first. Maybe it is getting weak.

You may want to look into getting the remote re-programmed at a dealer or locksmith that does them also.

·
Registered
23,350 Posts
If you want to try reprogramming the remote, you can do it yourself with instructions found here or your owners manual. Click on the search feature or topic finder at the top of this page.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts