Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 and I've got my system install all but finished but, when I tapped the red wire with pink stripe for a remote lead to turn my amp on it didn't activate the amp and my antenna did deploy. Should I be using a different wire for activation?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (warihayd @ May 18 2009, 01:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726089
where would said wire be located. i tapped in to the wire on my factory amp/stereo in the trunk.[/b]
Okay... I've tried the red w/ pink for the antenna and I've tried the green w/ black for the switched power for the RCU (both back by the RCU) and when attached to the antenna (redw/ pink) it keeps the antenna from deploying and the amp form turning on. When attached to the other the RCU comes on but the amp does not. There is no power at the amp's remote lead plug but, when I touch the test light to the lead at the amp the antenna retracts. Still no power indication on my test light but, the antenna retracts anyhow. It's f'ing weird.

Edit: Well... What I ended up doing was finding an unused plug that was taped to one of the wire bundles running back to the RCU (under the spare tire cover. Yes, I have a wagon). This plug had three prongs switched 12+, constant 12+, and ground. I used the switched prong obviously but, the weird thing was that when I was testing this plug and I jumped the switched and constant my antenna deployed. I can't understand why there'd be 2 antenna harnesses. :blink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts