Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard would it be to put in a remote starter on a 99 SE? Also, what brand would you recommend?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,410 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard...I put one on my '97 GL, just follow the video and read all instructions. It just consists mostly of hooking up a power wire ,the starter wire and a ground.
Although you might have a problem with the PATS. I didn't have one, you might want to check with someone like a best buy installer, and ask him about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have put remote starts on my 2000 SE, as well as a 2003 and a 2004 Ranger and a 2006 Odyssey van. All have been Audiovox units and have never had trouble with any of them. Last one I had installed was on the 2003 and paid $180 including tax out the door. Unless you have considerable auto experience, I'd suggest having someone experienced do it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im going to install a prostart in my 2001 taurus shortly
i have installed one in a older temple and worked fine but these cars need a pats key so we will need a transponder switch to override the key during
remote start. I have perchased online from ebay an expresskit bypass modual which will bypass the key temperarily to operate the starter.AS im not sure how to paste a short cut here i can only tell you go to ebay and serch for a ford taurus transponder this one is only about 10 bucks out of quebec canada.I havent got it yet but will be installing probably next weekend or following week.
before i start im trying to find out if i need a relay to operate a second ignition wire or anything else as i havent looked at the wires yet.
There is some good wiring diagrams on this sight to help if you serche for car starters.
you should have a good idea how to use a volt meter and general knowledge of electical wiring but isnt impossible if you are a do it your selfer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts