Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 GL and a 99 SE. On the 97, I had an aftermarket remote starter (Remote unlock and trunk open) installed professionally by the company that sells them. On my 99, I have the factory keyless entry with the key fob and the keypad on the door.

My question is, can I have the remote starter work on the 99 and keep one key fob? I read somewhere on the board that you hook up a wire to the drivers door relay and press the unlock button twice to start the car. Does this work with all remote starters?

Is there a remote starter that I can get for the 99 that will integrate with the factory keyless entry?

Thanks for the info,
Ian

·
Registered
354 Posts
yes there are ones on the market for adding to factory keyless. One is the DEI Valet 561r. avail at circuit city around 60 bux. also ytou need a bypass if you have the 24v engine. that engine has a chip key. easy car to install on. my advice id to get one with keyless and start on one remote. you will get much better range. look at the dei Valet 562t or an autopage rs 602 or rs 603. both are very reliable starters.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
AFAIK, just about any remote start system that has an option for power door locks should be able to work with the factory keyless entry system. It's just a matter of them hooking up the wires and/or relays, depending on the design of the remote starter. My mom had one put in on her taurus at future shop - basic remote starter was i think around $120 installed, and they charged an extra $50 to hook up the power locks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts