Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to boost the signal for the remote starter? I have to practically stand with the remote pressed against the glass for it to register. Sometimes it will work from maybe 10 feet away but only from the direct front of the car. Is there anything I can do to improve this? (and yes, the batteries in both the car and the remote are new and working fine).

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
What kind of remote starter?

Either way, somethings wrong with the antenna most likely, no starter I've seen has 10' range. 200' is about the cheapest I've seen.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
If it is a Ready Remote/Auto Command by Design Tech International, they suck. Had that happen to two systems they made. Just a guess though.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
I had a system put in manufactured by "The Wall." *if* I got it to start within 20' I was lucky. Box said "200 ft. range" - I would park right next to the building, and couldn't start the car through the window from inside!

Make sure the antenna is properly connected, I had one guy tell me you can use a cell phone antenna or similar for better reception.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
other trick is to use the remote as if it was a gun and point it toward your jaw upwirght

your body should help on the range

tested and true did that for quite some time with my mon car

since her car would not start since the parking was too far she just put it under her chin and going up and tada the car start

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure what kind it is, it was in the car when I bought it. If I get a chance some night I'll crawl into the trunk and look at the box.
The little box with the antenna is right above the rear-view mirror and is very poorly secured, the top comes right off of all the circuitry just with a little touch. I will double check the antenna connection too.
How would you wire a cell phone antenna to it?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
try the easiest trick in the bok just use the remote and point it toward your chin this will work

try it and easy fix you use your body to have a better antenna

1 - 7 of 7 Posts