Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the DEI Valet 712T on my '97 and it worked great first time - door unlock/lock, horn honk, parking light flash and domelight supervision. This system also has the capability for progressive unlocking but I wasn't sure how to wire it. The car itself has this as a standard feature when using the key in the drivers door - turn once to unlock that door only, turn twice to unlock all doors. So I'm thinking I don't need to add any relays to make this feature work, I just need to tap into the right wires from the drivers door. Any ideas? ;)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (oiler1fan @ May 20 2009, 03:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726560
I just installed the DEI Valet 712T on my '97 and it worked great first time - door unlock/lock, horn honk, parking light flash and domelight supervision. This system also has the capability for progressive unlocking but I wasn't sure how to wire it. The car itself has this as a standard feature when using the key in the drivers door - turn once to unlock that door only, turn twice to unlock all doors. So I'm thinking I don't need to add any relays to make this feature work, I just need to tap into the right wires from the drivers door. Any ideas? ;)[/b]
The reason that "feature" works is because the key itself unlocks the driver door, then the actuators get the rest.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
QUOTE (dark_fire @ May 20 2009, 08:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726577
The reason that "feature" works is because the key itself unlocks the driver door, then the actuators get the rest.[/b]
True - but what module / thing / box tells the actuators to kick in with the second key turn? I have a 98 Ford Workshop Manual, but I don't know what to look for, to see if there's an answer to the OP's question.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
There are two relays, one just for the drivers door and another for all doors.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ May 20 2009, 05:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726603
There are two relays, one just for the drivers door and another for all doors.[/b]
Any tips on how I might make this work? All references I have found say to use the pink/green wire in the left connector below the under dash fuse box. This works great - but unlocks all doors together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts