Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
LOL
I love that part with it being launched and then later it starts spewing steam like crazy. Awsome find jason!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I've seen that a while ago. Great video! I would love to do something like that one day. The RC cop car on an episode of Mythbusters would probably kick the Camry's butt.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've seen that before. I'm still amazed at how that car lasted at full throttle for 5 mins.

The RC cop car on an episode of Mythbusters would probably kick the Camry's butt.[/b]
any links or pics?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Feb 11 2004, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I've seen that before. I'm still amazed at how that car lasted at full throttle for 5 mins.

The RC cop car on an episode of Mythbusters would probably kick the Camry's butt.
any links or pics? [/b][/quote]
It's an old fashioned 4-cylinder. Doesn't make any power, so there isn't any serious stress on the valvetrain to snap anything.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Feb 11 2004, 10:28 PM
I've seen that a while ago. Great video! I would love to do something like that one day. The RC cop car on an episode of Mythbusters would probably kick the Camry's butt.
or evern better... the 350 el camino that jesse james's crew stripped down and turned into an RC car

good find on the camry though, seen it before, i love whenthey just destroy the engine at the end

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Originally posted by hoss+Feb 11 2004, 07:54 PM-->QUOTE (hoss @ Feb 11 2004, 07:54 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Qwertz9586
@Feb 11 2004, 10:28 PM
or evern better... the 350 el camino that jesse james's crew stripped down and turned into an RC car

good find on the camry though, seen it before, i love whenthey just destroy the engine at the end
[/b]
Was this when HPI was involved with the HPI Savage 21s? Heh, I own a Savage 21 and the HPI forums just went crazy over that!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I think I'll 3rd...or maybe 4th the repost. Still very funny though

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by UnDeR EsTiMaTeD+Feb 12 2004, 12:17 AM-->QUOTE (UnDeR EsTiMaTeD @ Feb 12 2004, 12:17 AM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2004, 07:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Qwertz9586
@Feb 11 2004, 10:28 PM

Was this when HPI was involved with the HPI Savage 21s? Heh, I own a Savage 21 and the HPI forums just went crazy over that! [/b]
i want a savage

i have an HPI nitro MT, and an electric sport2... the electric owns. engine is so powerful it strips the gears on my 2 speed transmissions
. if i had the money though i would get one of those savages in a heartbeat, its been a few years since i built a car.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Feb 11 2004, 06:52 PM

The RC cop car on an episode of Mythbusters would probably kick the Camry's butt.
any links or pics? [/b][/quote]
No links or pics, but IIRC it was a '92-'95 Crown Vic w/ CHP paint job. They end up wrecking it while doing the experiment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts