Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good place to relocate the A/C controls? Or has anyone ever did it and have pics? i wana use that whole space for a 10" VGA touchscreen for my carPC

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Anyone know of a good place to relocate the A/C controls? Or has anyone ever did it and have pics? i wana use that whole space for a 10" VGA touchscreen for my carPC
Manual control or EATC?

·
Registered
245 Posts
i didn't know you could do that with a Gen4. i thought only gens 1 and 2 could, being it's the same size as a 1 DIN chassis radio....

Shady_J :ford:

·
Registered
150 Posts
As you have the ETAC system rather than the manual system, this becomes more complicated. You don't have individual climate controls that can be relocated (IE: Ford Ranger climate control mod), they are built into the electronics of your factory radio (ICP).

Metra makes a double-DIN ETAC kit for around $200 that will give you a start. You will have to remove the control/display module from the bottom of the kit and try to relocate it, perhaps to the tray next to the cigarette lighter.

The other option is to do the reverse of the manual to ETAC mod successfully completed by a forum regular. The you could simply relocate the manual controls (the Ranger mod).

FYI, I'm in the process of designing a PC system to replace the ICP as well. I have already relocated the climate controls to the tray (Ranger mod) and have started to modify the large opening left by the removal of the ICP. It fits a 9" wide-screen very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts