Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 SEL

What are the two relays for that are located in the small, slender plastic box tucked between the battery and fender well? Not in owner's manual (at least - couldn't find it).

I have the symptoms of a bad relay for the autolamp headlight only (not parking lights - that part of the autolamp system is working). From all the other threads it looks like those relays are soldered onto the circuit board that's part of the Central Junction Board (upon which the GEM is clipped). Is the only way to fix that relay to find another CJB from a 2000 with remote entry??

Thanks!

·
Registered
23,637 Posts
On my 99 tec, starting at the firewall end, the relays are as follows: high speed cooling fan relay, autolamp park relay, autolamp headlamp relay, horn relay, washer motor relay, wiper hi/lo relay and wiper park relay. Dunno if this applies to your 2000 sel or not?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The box I'm talking about contains only two relays and room for no more. One is slightly larger than the other. The box is about 5-6 inches long and about 3 inches wide, and snugged right next to the battery, between the battery and fender. I wish they were the autolamp relays, but I don't think so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts