Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I used to frequent these boards quite often in the past, but stopped visiting when my Taurus was taken away. Well, after 2.5 years of being without her, Maebull saw fit to come back to me. I was never a big poster, so no one probably knows who I am, but I still love my baby and I will definitely be perusing the new and improved TCCA site looking for ideas. She'll be getting a new set of eyes (Centennials) in a few days. Hope you all like what I've done so far.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks good to me!

Where are you plannin on gettin your centennials from and bout how much are they?

And how are those l.e.d.'s workin out for ya?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I like the color on your car...and the exhaust tips look great on it too. Keep up the good work :thumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WAR EAGLE!!! Your woman is obviously amazing, intelligent, and well educated. I get to the games as often as my work schedule allows.

As for the LED lights, when they LOOK good when lit, but don't really add anything to the light output...also, when on, they match the color of my car and the headlights.

I got the Centennials from a pick and pull junk yard off of a rear ended Taurus when I was home for Christmas. They look brand new. But I forgot them when I was packing to leave and dad had to ship them to me. They should be here in the next few days. They were $30 each.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I got the Centennials from a pick and pull junk yard off of a rear ended Taurus when I was home for Christmas. They look brand new. But I forgot them when I was packing to leave and dad had to ship them to me. They should be here in the next few days. They were $30 each.
[/b]
Where is this pick n pull that has a Centennial in it....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Where is this pick n pull that has a Centennial in it....
[/b][/quote]

Montgomery, AL
It's called Pull A Part

The centennial was trashed from the B-pillar back on the pass. side and the driver side looked to have been hit right where the driver was...everything was just scrunched up. One of the two non-damaged wheels was already sold and the engine was gone...I was surprised the lights were still there...still had the front passenger door, front passenger quarter panel, and the passenger seat, I think the driver seat was removed because of blood...I saw some on the floor.

That was two days after Christmas though...we here in 'Bama strip our cars pretty quickly!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Looks good.. I like the look of the exhaust tips.... whered you get your grill from?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Er, why was it taken away from you for 2.5 years?
[/b]

I graduated college and the parents took it back! They said "Look, you have a job, you don't have any debt...it's time for you to get into the real world of doing for yourself." And they repossessed it. They were getting worried that I was a spoiled brat who didn't understand the value of a dollar and didn't respect the work it took to acquire things. And they were right. Buying my first car (my first car as in the first one I paid for myself-2005 Mercury Mountaineer V8) was frustrating and getting used to monthly payments and interest and all that was an eye opener...

But I learned quickly...the Mounty is all paid off and I just bought a house about 8 months ago...the parents retired and both bought new vehicles. Dad was giving the Taurus to charity because they didn't have room for all the cars they had (Two new cars, the taurus, mom's old Volvo, and Dad's truck). So Dad gave me the Taurus instead of to charity (what do they need it for anyway :dunno: ), Mom gave the Volvo to charity, and dad kept his truck.

And they all lived happily ever after!

Looks good.. I like the look of the exhaust tips.... whered you get your grill from?
[/b]

eBay. $12 bucks...I poached an auction.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
looks great very tastfull mods! out of curiosity is your rear bumper cover a diff shade of blue or is the oics just makin it look funny? i like the rims the one pic makes it look like its lowered

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks great very tastfull mods! out of curiosity is your rear bumper cover a diff shade of blue or is the oics just makin it look funny? i like the rims the one pic makes it look like its lowered
[/b]

The pics are making it look funny...in one picture...the entire front of the car looks a different shade than the back...makes me think of something I might want to do to the car... I love the wheels too. At first, I thought they weren't enough of a change from the stock wheels, but the more I see them on the car, the more I like them...and I got them on sale!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Buying my first car (my first car as in the first one I paid for myself-2005 Mercury Mountaineer V8) was frustrating and getting used to monthly payments and interest and all that was an eye opener...

[/b][/quote]

Lol, my "first car" that I paid for was my red Taurus so you started off pretty good I'd say!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Buying my first car (my first car as in the first one I paid for myself-2005 Mercury Mountaineer V8) was frustrating and getting used to monthly payments and interest and all that was an eye opener...

[/b][/quote]

Lol, my "first car" that I paid for was my red Taurus so you started off pretty good I'd say!
[/b][/quote]

I'd have to say I started off pretty good too...but through no doing of my own...my parents are amazing and were absolutely right in cutting me completely off right out of college. My whole standard of living changed and it was a huge eye opener for me...made me LESS of a brat.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Paint job looks nice, but did you get the engine bay/door jams done too?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts