Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, what is the redline for a 2000 Taurus with the Duratec? I'm thinking of trying something with my gauges and needed to know. I've searched around the net some, but I can't find a solid number.

Thanks all.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
It's not a solid number; it can be anywhere from the late 5's to the early 6's. Apparently, also, mod's can push the redline up a little bit; I think I remember hearing Venom's omgDuratec hitting 6500 or so, and jtzk13's hitting 7k.

My (stockbutold) Duratec regularily hit's 6000; that's also the printed redline on my Tach before the redline was removed. I would put a max at 7 8k and a redline at 6.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point about the mods. I'll have to take that into consideration. Thanks for the help.

BTW: I loved the omgDuratec bit!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 01 SEL and the tach reads to 7000 rpms with no red in any of the numbers......I have had the rpms up to 6500 RPM's several times, it will not go any higher....my only mods are K&N air filter and removed the silencer.
Would like to put a HD-Dynomax super turbo muffler......supposed to keep a stock sound.....but better exhaust flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts